Senior Director: Child Care Early Years Programs
As of September 2014, The YMCA of Northern Alberta will operate 43 child care programs in Edmonton and Grande Prairie. In the last 9 years YMCA Child Care Services in Edmonton has grown by 233% and partnerships have been formed to support more growth in the next 5 years.
Reporting to the Manager of Early Years, the Senior Director is responsible for daily operations of 3-4 child Early Years programs ensuring the highest level of service to children and families, program delivery and facility cleanliness/maintenance as well as the sound management of center budgets, human resources, and local philanthropy.
- Continue to improve the service in YMCA Child Care ensuring it reflects the needs of the communities we serve
- Support direct reports and hold them accountable to the delivery of high quality services through excellent relationships with participants
- Responsible for the key operating areas of programs.
- Help develop and manage annual centre budgets.
- Provide leadership to the staff team focusing on coaching, development and succession planning
- Be a positive role model in the Associations Mission, Vision and Values
- Ensure that the strategic goals of the Association are met.
- Achieve Annual Strong Kids objectives while developing new philanthropic opportunities.
- Part of association Strategic Leadership Team and provides input and advice into the overall direction and implementation of the Association strategic plan.
- Ensure that the Direct reports receive education and training on all licensing regulations, Health Services regulations, YMCA Policies and Procedures and Accreditation Standards.
- Assist centres in meeting accreditation requirements and ensuring ongoing best practice within centres
- University Degree or Diploma in related field (Child Development Supervisor Certificate from Alberta Children’s Services preferred)
- Demonstrated achievement in fiscal, program and people management.
- Current Police Reference Check, Child Welfare Check, Standard First Aid and CPR required
- Valid Driver’s License and vehicle
- Preferred 2 to 5 years progressive, results oriented, supervisory experience.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and written communication skills, including the ability to maintain effective internal and external working relationships.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, with strong attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong team player, demonstrating a positive work ethic.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to maintain professionalism, confidentiality and discretion.
Applications will remain open until August 1, 2014
Send a resume and cover letter to Annalise Yuzda, General Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Successful candidates will be required to provide a current and satisfactory Criminal Record Check/Vulnerable Sector Search and Child Welfare Intervention Record Check.
The YMCA of Northern Alberta is an inclusive, charitable organization that values diversity.