YMCA Welcome Village
Has the following part-time hourly position available:
Business Administrator YWV_BA
The YMCA is a charitable, mission-based organization dedicated to the development of thousands of people in spirit, mind and body. The YMCA of Northern Alberta is seeking a dynamic individual that will provide effective leadership in the day-to-day operations of YMCA Welcome Village. The Business Administrator is responsible for the general administrative duties, accounts management, facility support and collaborative involvement with staff, customers and tenants. The Business Administrator will demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills with vulnerable populations who face housing insecurity and related challenges.
Wage: Starting at $14.50/hour
- Maintain accurate, complete and current financial transactions and data management; maintain strict confidentiality in all administrative and service support duties by utilizing information for its direct purpose only.
- Financial Management Duties: Monitor and collect receivables and rental arrears to meet rental revenue targets and minimize debt. Follow appropriate cash accounting procedures and timelines. Maintain accurate expense and revenue records for reporting purposes. Spend designated budget lines as approved.
- Administrative Duties: Monitor inventories and purchase program, office and facility supplies as required. Recommend and contribute to the development and implementation of appropriate policies, procedures, outcome and reporting tools.
- Reports and Data Management: Provide oversight and generate accounts receivable for the receipt of rental payments, booking of rental periods, and rent payments into database. Oversee and maintain accounts, and accounts receivable. Maintain current occupancy records, reports and financial statistics.
- Assume complete responsibility for the entire facility operation while on assigned Manager on Duty shifts.
- Demonstrate and promote a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, and values and the YMCA programs and services.
- Education/Certifications/Credentials/Professional Registration
- Post Secondary Education in Business Administration, related training or equivalent experience.
- Standard First Aid, CPR-Level C, and WHMIS Certification
- Successful candidates will be required to provide a current and satisfactory Police Information Check including a Vulnerable Sector Search.
- Annual registration in a professional organization as required by law if applicable.
- 2 years directly related Business Administration experience in a social housing, property management, or human services environment.
- Proven organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Standard accounting and business practices and procedures.
- Proficient computer skills: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook), databases (Class, ETO).
Applications will remain open until August 31, 2014
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
The YMCA of Northern Alberta is an inclusive, charitable organization that values diversity.