Boyle Street Plaza and Melcor YMCA Village
The YMCA of Northern Alberta is a charitable, mission based organization dedicated to the development of thousands of people in spirit, mind, and body. The YMCA is part of the first phase of the Boyle Renaissance Project, a multi-phase, far-reaching community redevelopment. The Boyle Street Plaza and Melcor YMCA Village is a made-in-community solution that will provide a range of market and affordable housing units, and a variety of different services and programs that include child care, family services, community, social, recreation and park spaces, community gardens, and more.
For more information please click here.
Facility Operator YWV_FO
The YMCA of Northern Alberta is seeking a dynamic individual to successfully coordinate, implement, and deliver high-quality facility operations and on-going maintenance and refurbishment of the assigned building(s) & mechanical equipment. The successful candidate will monitor, evaluate and make recommendations regarding current facility operation services in coordination with the Facility Operations Manager and on-site staff.
Salary: Starting at $45,000 with benefits.
- Ensure all facility operations services meet the quality standards outlined in YMCA Quality Service Guidelines and other affiliated material.
- Implement and coordinate refurbishment plans for your assigned building(s) on an ongoing basis.
- Preventative and ongoing maintenance and repair of plant equipment, mechanical equipment, building structures, pool operation and other equipment as assigned.
- Working in partnership with site partners.
- Maintain and ensure proper safety procedures are enforced consistently at all times according to Operational Health and Safety and the YMCA Health & Safety program.
- Manage within the approved operational, centre refurbishment and capital expenditures budget. Prepare and evaluate the service budgets for yearly approval with the Facility Operations Manager.
- Maintain inventory of maintenance supplies on a regular basis and order additional supplies as required.
- Coordinate and schedule third-party contract work for repairs and maintenance.
- Participate in rotational Association wide on-call duties evenings and weekends.
- Education/Certifications/Credentials/Professional Registration
- 5th Class Power Engineering Certificate
- Pre-requisites considered an asset; however, training will be available:
- Pool Operator Level 1 & 2 and Confined Space Certification
- Standard First Aid and CPR-C, Child Welfare & Police Security Clearance and WHMIS Certification
- 3-5 years experience in building maintenance and operations.
- Experience in plumbing, electrical, pool operations, carpentry, diagnostics and painting.
- Heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) systems and operations.
- Working knowledge of safe working practices.
- Able to lift heavy objects (up to 50 lbs), climb ladders and stairs
- Able to work independently and as a member of a staff team.
- Excellent communication, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office, Windows).
- Strong administrative and organizational skills.
Applications will remain open until April 11, 2014
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The YMCA of Northern Alberta is an inclusive, charitable organization that values diversity.