Senior Director, Communications A_SDC
Reporting to the General Manager, Fund Development & Communications the Senior Director of Communications will direct and oversee YMCA brand implementation; manage and implement marketing and communications strategies and resulting annual plans, including external & internal communications; provide solutions to management to support operational plans; oversee the execution of the YMCA's online, social media & media relations programs; advertising campaigns; and creation and execution of all support materials for special events.
This is a fast-paced role with multiple demands and deadlines. This position requires the ability to work and influence teams without direct authority. Outcomes from this position support the YMCA of Northern Alberta’s strategic plan and priorities and help the YMCA maintain and grow its positive public image in the community.
Compensation: Starting at $51,500 annually
- Direct the implementation of strategies for membership and program promotions to achieve targeted goals.
- Develop social media strategies to maximize the impact of communication plans.
- Responsible for influencing and coordinating the website design and development.
- Create annual plan for Growing Y’ser newsletter (12 issues per year); research and write articles each month.
- Creation of internal and external advertising to support annual communications plans
- Implement communication strategies by creating the appropriate communication collateral such as: brochures & posters, annual report writing and production, speech and article writing and staff communiqués.
- Manages communications staff to ensure all aspects of marketing and communications adhere to Y brand standards and are consistent with Y corporate positioning and messaging – both internally and externally.
- Education/Certifications/Credentials/Professional Registration
- Post-Secondary degree/diploma in the areas of Marketing & Communications, Business, Public Relations, or Media Relations
- Minimum of 10 years of related work experience.
- Experience with project management, desktop publishing, social media strategy development, media relations and communications/marketing plan development.
- Skilled with a variety of computer programs; Adobe Creative Suite, Word, Excel, HTML and other website management systems.
- Experience working with a variety of suppliers in the communications industry.
Applications will remain open until August 29, 2013
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
The YMCA of Northern Alberta is an inclusive, charitable organization that values diversity.