Bill Rees YMCA
Has the following term position working full-time available for a start date of as soon as possible:
Program Supervisor (Homeward Bound) Ref# PS_HB
The YMCA of Northern Alberta is seeking a motivated individual that will provide effective leadership in the overall delivery of programs and services of the Housing First Philosophy program to individuals, couples and families who are chronically homeless with multiple barriers and high needs. Key elements of this position include the supervision and direction of staff, development, coordination, implementation and evaluation of programming and providing high quality services to all program participants. At all times this individual will demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills with vulnerable populations who face housing insecurity and related challenges.
Salary: Starting at $42,538 annually
- Recruit, hire, train, coach, supervise and manage all full-time and part-time staff, volunteers and students within program areas.
- Support the staff, volunteers, and students and hold them accountable to the delivery of high quality services through excellent relationships with participants.
- Assist in the orientation and training of volunteers and students. Supervise volunteers and students by providing support, guidance, direction, timely feedback and recognition.
- Coordinate program operations within YMCA guidelines and adhere to contracted performance outcomes. Research, plan, and evaluate program components for progress, outputs, and outcomes.
- Support program implementation and provide supervision and cover off as required.
- Establish effective community relations relevant to the program. Market and promote programs to achieve programmatic and financial targets. Network with key program stakeholders, community agencies, education and business stakeholders to identify needs, receive referrals, coordinate program solutions and opportunities.
- Assist with the development, production and implementation of varied promotional and marketing materials, events and strategies to appropriate internal and external target markets in accordance with Association graphic standards.
- Manage within the approved program budget. Establish and maintain accurate and current participant and program records, expense and revenue records, current statistical, outcome tracking, anecdotal information and participate in annual participant and program record audits.
- Assume complete responsibility for the entire facility operation while on assigned Manager on Duty shifts (includes emergencies, evictions, programming concerns, staff relations, etc.)
- Demonstrate and promote a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, and values and the YMCA programs and services.
- University Degree in Human Services or Education field or equivalent.
- Standard First Aid and CPR-C, WHMIS Certification
- Successful candidates will be required to provide a current and satisfactory Police Information Check including a Vulnerable Sector Search, and a current and satisfactory Child Welfare Intervention Record Check
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention and Suicide Intervention Certification preferred
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
- At least 1 year experience in a supervisory role.
- 3 years of direct professional experience in a team environment.
- Experience in coaching and supervision.
- Experience and knowledge of cultural and minority groups, special or high needs populations and other marginalized persons.
- Working with persons who are homeless facing barriers that may include mental health and addictions.
- Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal and team skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Working knowledge of group facilitation, individual assessment, program planning and promotion, outcome evaluation, marketing and public relations.
- Beginner knowledge in supportive counselling skills.
- Knowledge of related community, education, youth and human services resources.
- Sensitivity and demonstrated knowledge of dealing with the needs of participants from different cultural and racial backgrounds.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Windows.
Applications will remain open until suitable candidate is found
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The YMCA of Northern Alberta is an inclusive charity that values diversity.