Castle Downs Family YMCA
Has the following one-year full-time position working Tuesdays to Saturdays available:
Community Outreach Worker CD_COW
The YMCA of Northern Alberta and Helping Hands For Mothers and Youth Society is seeking a dynamic individual that will provide effective leadership in directing the overall programs and services delivery for engaging Somali Women and girls in healthy choices and leadership development. This individual must be passionate about the development, support and leadership of others.
Salary: $32,900 *1 year grant position with benefits
- Plan, implement and facilitate programs within the guidelines of the grant “Engaging women and Girls in healthy choices and leadership development”.
- Plan and deliver Ramadan celebration
- Teach Women’s only fitness classes, leadership programs
- Establish effective community relations relevant to the program, market and promote the program to achieve service and financial targets.
- Recruit, hire, train, coach, supervise and manage all part-time staff and volunteers within program areas. Handle all payroll duties; ensuring staff and volunteers’ record time in the electronic database.
- Coordinate and supervise the operations of all programs and services for participants at the quality and service levels outlined. Manage and report program statistics, monthly activity reports and manage within the approved program budget.
- Demonstrate and promote a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, and values and the YMCA programs and services.
- Education/Certifications/Credentials/Professional Registration
- University Degree/diploma in Recreation, Physical Education, Human Services, Education, Social work or related experience.
- Standard First Aid and CPR-C, Child Welfare & Police Security Clearance, and WHMIS Certification
- ***Must be fluent in Somali and English (oral and written)
- 2 years or more working with new immigrants preferably Somali Women and Girls
- Experience working with others in collaborative initiatives and partnerships
- 2 or more years’ experience leading programming in a fitness, recreational, or leadership setting.
- Knowledge of Somali culture, barriers for new immigrants especially Women
- Working knowledge of program planning and evaluation.
- Demonstrated leadership, self-directed, strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office, Windows, CLASS)
Applications will remain open until May 17, 2013
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The YMCA of Northern Alberta is an inclusive, charitable organization that values diversity.