Has the following full-time summer position available:
International Program Enhancement Coordinator
The International Program Enhancement Coordinator provides program enhancement sessions to build social awareness, global education with day camps programs, staff, volunteers and members at all YMCA centres. The enhancement sessions are a large responsibility and include planning and facilitating daily sessions each week. The sessions are all based weekly themes generated from the overall theme of Global Education. **This position will operate out of the Jamie Platz YMCA & Bill Rees YMCA.
Term Length: May 1 – September 4, 2015
· Coordinate, plan, develop and facilitate international education components for Summer Day Camp programs in YMCA of Northern Alberta centres.
· Develop weekly themes and create lesson plans for each age group based on weekly theme.
· Provide program structure and curriculum.
· Attend regular program and staff development meetings as required by the Supervisor.
· Develop international education information to be posted in YMCA centres.
· Compile and maintain accurate records detailing camper information, attendance and performance. Distribute, collect and compile evaluation forms and information to assist with evaluation and growth of the YMCA Canada international awareness development program.
· Manage and operate within the approved International programs prescribed budget.
· Maintain good interpersonal staff relationships providing feedback and necessary information as required.
Post-secondary Student in Recreation, Physical Education, Education or related studies.
Standard First Aid, CPR-Level C with AED, and WHMIS Certification
Successful candidates will be required to provide a current and satisfactory Police Information Check including a Vulnerable Sector Search.
Minimum 2 years experience working in a Summer Camp or Day Camp environment.
Demonstrated leadership skills and well developed communication and interpersonal skills.
Organizational and time management skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Applications will remain open until April 17, 2015
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The YMCA of Northern Alberta is an inclusive, charitable organization that values diversity.