Has the following full-time hourly position available:
International Program Enhancement Coordinator DC_IPEC
The International Program Enhancement Coordinator provides program enhancement sessions to build social awareness, global education with day camps programs, staff, volunteers and members at all YMCA centres. The enhancement sessions are a large responsibility and include planning and facilitating daily sessions each week. The sessions are all based weekly themes generated from the overall theme of Global Education. **This position will operate out of the Jamie Platz YMCA & Bill Rees YMCA.
Term Length: May 28 - August 30 (14 weeks)
- Coordinate, plan, develop and facilitate international education components for Summer Day Camp programs in YMCA of Northern Alberta centres.
- Develop weekly themes and create lesson plans for each age group based on weekly theme.
- Provide program structure and curriculum.
- Attend regular program and staff development meetings as required by the Supervisor.
- Develop international new staff orientation and training sessions for the other staff in international programming.
- Compile and maintain accurate records detailing camper information, attendance and performance. Distribute, collect and compile evaluation forms and information to assist with evaluation and growth of the YMCA Canada international awareness development program.
- Manage and operate within the approved International programs prescribed budget.
- Maintain good interpersonal staff relationships providing feedback and necessary information as required.
- Education/Certifications/Credentials/Professional Registration
- Post-secondary Student in Recreation, Physical Education, Education or related studies.
- Current CPR Level C with AED and Standard First Aid
- Completed, current and clear Child Welfare Check & Police Security Clearance (will provide).
- WHMIS Certification (will provide).
- Minimum 2 years experience working in a Summer Camp or Day Camp environment.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and well developed communication and interpersonal skills.
- Organizational and time management skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Applications will remain open until May 24,2013
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The YMCA of Northern Alberta is an inclusive, charitable organization that values diversity.