Has the following full-time position available:
Assistant Facility Operator & Child Care Handyman FO_CCH
The YMCA of Edmonton is seeking a skillful individual to fill a unique opportunity in the area of facility operations. This position covers two main areas: assisting the facility operations of the Bill Rees YMCA in downtown Edmonton and general go-to handyman duties of multiple child care centers.
A willingness to work a flexible schedule is required as shifts may vary. This role is classified as a full-time salaried position, and the incumbent will be eligible for a salary commensurate with experience.
Salary: Starting at $35,500 annually
- Ensure all facility operations services meet the quality standards outlined in the Quality Program Guidelines, S.A.M. Standards and other affiliated material.
- Implement and coordinate refurbishment plans for your assigned buildings on an ongoing basis.
- Preventative, ongoing maintenance and repair of childcare equipment, mechanical equipment, and building structures as required.
- Coordinate and schedule third-party contract work as required.
- Ensure proper use of tools and equipment in a safe manner according to safe work practices and regulatory documentation.
- Manage within the approved operational, refurbishment and capital expenditures budget.
- Submission of purchase orders, visa receipts, mileage expenses, work orders and other expenses to accounting within the month of expense.
- Demonstrate and promote a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, and values and the YMCA programs and services.
- Education/Certifications/Credentials/Professional Registration
- Post-secondary Education in a trade preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
- Standard First Aid and CPR-C, Child Welfare & Police Security Clearance and WHMIS Certification
- Experience in the following: plumbing, electrical, basic carpentry, painting and general repairing of equipment.
- Strong general maintenance skills with an eye for detail.
- Knowledge of safe working practices.
- Able to life heavy objects (50 lbs) climb ladders and stairs.
- Able to work independently and as a member of a staff team.
- Excellent organizational, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office, Windows).
Applications will remain open until April 9, 2013
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
The YMCA of Edmonton is an inclusive, charitable organization that values diversity.