YMCA Association Services
Has the following full- time position :
Office Administrator AS_OAA
The YMCA is a charitable, mission based organization dedicated to the development of thousands of people in spirit, mind and body. The YMCA of Northern Alberta is seeking a highly motivated individual to fill a unique position at our head office. The position is comprised of 0.5 FTE Office Administrator for Association Services. At all times the successful candidate will demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills with all staff, volunteers, and members.
Salary: Starting at $26,650/year with benefits
- Respond to phone calls, messages, emails and complaints and issues in a timely manner and in keeping with Serving All Members (S.A.M. Standards). Direct all telephone inquiries and refer telephone calls to appropriate staff.
- Coordinate room bookings and room set-up for meetings.
- Manage daily mail delivery, interoffice mail and distribution of mail.
- Maintain a clean and organized reception area, update and maintain resource materials, and filing systems.
- Receive, process, and distribute all incoming and outgoing correspondence. Prepare documents that meet Association graphic standards. Maintain strict confidentiality in all administration and support duties and utilize this information for its direct purpose only.
- Complete all cash and cheque deposits daily.
- Provide support to accounting department with data entry of journal entries.
- Provide support to Executive Assistant as required.
- Maintain stationary and supply orders.
- Maintain inventory of Uniforms and fulfill uniform orders..
- Provide support to special projects; prepare and distribute resources/invitations for special events, funds development / Association training .
- Demonstrate and promote a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, and values and the YMCA programs and services.
- Education/Certifications/Credentials/Professional Registration
- Post-secondary Education or related experience
- Completion of Office Administration Program will be considered an asset.
- Child Welfare, Police Security Clearance and WHMIS Certification(will provide all three)
- 1 year of customer service experience and 1 year of related experience in a business office setting.
- Previous experience in administration will be considered an asset.
- Record management experience.
- Experience working in a not-for-profit setting.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office(Word & Excel) and Windows Operating Systems.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Exceptional written communication is required.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Problem solving skills and multitasking.
Applications will remain open until November 6, 2013
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The YMCA of Northern Alberta is an inclusive, charitable organization that values diversity.