YMCA Child Care
Has the following full-time position working Monday through Friday available:
Child Care Administrator CC_CCA
The YMCA of Edmonton is seeking a motivated individual that will provide provides effective administrative and systems support in the operations of YMCA Child Care. Key elements of this position include the administration of Government of Alberta Child Care Accreditation money for Edmonton and Grande Prairie. Duties will also include: administrative support to recruitment processes, back up to child care business administrator, and other related administrative tasks. The Child Care Administrator will demonstrate excellent accuracy, interpersonal, and communication skills with all staff, volunteers and members.
Salary: Starting at $30,700.00 annually
- Maintain accurate, complete and current financial transactions and data management; maintain strict confidentiality in all administrative and service support duties by utilizing information for its direct purpose only.
- Work with Senior Directors to determine hiring needs and assist in recruitment.
- Track donations and work collaboratively with Directors to ensure tracking/donor communication is accurate.
- Ensure compliance of YMCA graphic standards on all internal and external communications that are viewed publicly by staff, volunteers or members.
- Register YMCA Child Care families in CLASS, maintain subsidy information as related to child care families, and oversee and maintain member’s accounts, and accounts receivable.
- Contribute as a member of the staff team in the operation of the centre, and complete other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate and promote a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, and values and the YMCA programs and services.
- Education/Certifications/Credentials/Professional Registration
- Post-Secondary Education in Business Administration, Accounting, Office Administration or related training and/or equivalent experience;
- Minimum educational requirement: High School Diploma; some relevant post-secondary required.
- Standard First Aid and CPR-C, Child Welfare & Police Security Clearance and WHMIS Certification
- Minimum 1 years of experience within the YMCA organization specific to child care with a clear understanding of Government Accreditation Money or a minimum 3 years administration or customer service experience.
- Previous cash handling experience.
- Standard accounting and business practices and procedures.
- Proven detail oriented experience.
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple timelines; work cooperatively with other staff;
- Proven organization skills and time management skills.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and interpretive skills related to data.
- Exposed to confidential information, able to maintain high level of confidentiality.
- Competencies consistent with the YMCA Competencies Document.
- Excellent computer skills specific to: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), databases (Class and ADP).
Applications will remain open until March 4, 2013
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
The YMCA of Edmonton is an inclusive, charitable organization that values diversity.