Don Wheaton YMCA
Has the following part-time position available for after school programming (4PM - 8PM) and weekend mornings/afternoons starting January 1, 2015
Preschool, Child and Youth Instructor Ref# DW_PCYI
The YMCA is a charitable, mission based organization dedicated to the development of thousands of people in spirit, mind and body. The YMCA of Northern Alberta is seeking enthusiastic individuals that will provide quality instruction of all preschool programs to members(6 weeks – 17 years).
Wage: Starting at $13.15/hour
- Follow and deliver on YMCA Program Directives.
- Document lesson plans and facilitate high-quality age appropriate programs and activities to provide opportunities for children to improve physical literacy skills.
- Integrate international development education in all program areas.
- Build and role model committed relationships with participants.
- Ensure a safe environment for all members, parents, volunteers and staff. Complete necessary safety documents, enforce proper sign-in and sign-out procedures for parents, and follow head counts and maintain ratios. Assist in cleaning toys, program equipment, and rooms.
- Contribute as a member of the staff team in the operation of the centre, and complete other duties as assigned.
- Role model recruitment and retention of volunteers and members.
- Demonstrate and promote a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, and values and the YMCA programs and services and role model a personal commitment to a healthy lifestyle.
- Minimum age of 18
- High School Diploma an asset
- NCCP Level 1 or Level 2 an asset
- NCCP FMS(Fundamental Movement Skills) certified (will train)
- YMCA Healthy Child Development(HCD) (we can provide)
- Standard First Aid, CPR-Level C, and WHMIS Certification
- Successful candidates will be required to provide a current and satisfactory Police Information Check including a Vulnerable Sector Search.
- Previous experience working with children an asset.
- Previous coaching experience an asset.
- Well developed interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Applications will remain open until suitable candidate is found.
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The YMCA of Northern Alberta is an inclusive, charitable organization that values diversity.