Jamie Platz YMCA
Has the following part-time positions available working days, evenings, weekends (flexible hours):
Aquatics Instructor & Lifeguard JP_AIL
Are you a certified Lifeguard or Aquatics Instructor and looking for extra hours? The YMCA of Northern Alberta is always looking for water lovers to join our Aquatics staff teams. The successful candidate will deliver high-quality lifeguarding and/or instructing in aquatics programming and services at the assigned Aquatic Centre. If you meet the necessary qualifications for lifeguarding and/or aquatics apply now!
Wage: Starting at $14.80
- Deliver high quality services through excellent relationships with participants.
- When instructing, develop lesson plans for assigned classes and provide quality instruction in aquatic class(es) agreed upon.
- Deliver high quality supervision at all times while on guard duty, guard from appropriate location and follow guard to bather ratio. Correct unsafe techniques and ensure safe and effective use of equipment by participants.
- Promote prevention of accidents and incidents through rule enforcement and good maintenance practices. Follow Provincial and Local Public Health regulations at all times and monitor and reinforce Aquatics Safety Standards.
- Respond to all incidents and accidents that may occur in the aquatic or surrounding areaRole model best practices daily by interacting with members in the facility.
- Role model a personal commitment to a healthy lifestyle.
- Demonstrate and promote a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, and values and the YMCA programs and services.
- Education/Certifications/Credentials/Professional Registration
- Minimum 16 years of age.
- YMCA Instructor award required within 6 months of hire.
- LSS Swim Instructor and/or Red Cross Water Safety Instructor Certificates
- Bronze Cross Award
- Standard First Aid, CPR Level-C, or Aquatic Emergency Care and WHMIS Certification
- Successful candidates will be required to provide a current and satisfactory Police Information Check including a Vulnerable Sector Search.
- Lifeguard qualifications would be an asset.
- Previous experience leading Aquatic classes an asset.
- Excellent problem solving, multitasking, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to lead Aquatic instruction and programming.
- Able to deal with difficult situations and customer complaints with confidence.
- Developed coaching and team building skills.
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office, Windows, CLASS)
Applications will remain open until suitable candidates are found.
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The YMCA of Northern Alberta is an inclusive, charitable organization that values diversity.