Jamie Platz YMCA
Has the following full-time salaried position available:
Adult Fitness and Lifestyle Workout Centre Supervisor JP_WCS
The YMCA is a charitable, mission based organization dedicated to the development of thousands of people in spirit, mind and body. The YMCA of Northern Alberta is seeking a dynamic individual with a passion and talent for relationship building and role modeling a healthy lifestyle. This individual will provide effective supervision and leadership in directing the overall delivery of services in the individual conditioning areas of the workout centre.
Salary: Starting at $35,000/annually
- Coordinate, supervise and manage the day-to-day operations of all programs and services for members in individual conditioning areas.
- Monitor and respond to program quality and trends, manage and report program statistics, maximize program registration to ensure program target and implement and track minimum attendance rates.
- Recruit, hire, train, coach, supervise and manage all full-time and part-time staff and volunteers within program areas.
- Implement, administer, evaluate and instruct in individual Adult Fitness and Lifestyle programs.
- Assume complete responsibility for the entire facility operation while on assigned Manager on Duty shifts.
- Manage within the approved program budget. Prepare and evaluate the program budget for yearly approval.
- Role model recruitment and retention of volunteers and members to fellow staff and volunteers.
- Demonstrate and promote a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, and values and the YMCA programs and services and role model a personal commitment to a healthy lifestyle.
- Education/Certifications/Credentials/Professional Registration
- YMCA Individual Conditioning Level I & II and/or AFLCA Resistance Training Certification
- Automated External Defibrillators (AED) Certification
- Standard First Aid and CPR-C, Child Welfare & Police Security Clearance, WHMIS Certification
- Pre-requisites considered an asset:
- Canadian Society for Exercise Physiologist: Certified Exercise Physiologist (CSEP-CEP) or Canadian Society for Exercise Physiologist: Certified Personal Trainer (CSEP- CPT).
- University Degree or Diploma in Recreation, Physical Education or Personal Fitness Training (PFT) or related area.
- Experience as a program supervisor an asset.
- Experience in recruitment, leading and coaching staff teams and implementing recreation programs.
- 3 or more years of experience in the YMCA
- Ability to lead individual fitness programming and able to deal with difficult situations and customer complaints with confidence.
- Excellent problem solving, multitasking, interpersonal and communication skills,.
Applications will remain open until May 5, 2013
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
The YMCA of Northern Alberta is an inclusive, charitable organization that values diversity.