Jamie Platz YMCA
Has the following part-time position working approximately 15-20 hours a week including weekends.
Aquatics Coordinator Ref# JP_AC
The YMCA is a charitable, mission based organization dedicated to the development of thousands of people in spirit, mind and body. The YMCA of Northern Alberta is seeking a dynamic individual that will monitor and respond to programming, ensuring the Aquatics staff team are all working on strategies to improve the member’s experience of all aquatic programs and services.
Wage: Starting at $16.90/hour
- Assist Supervisor in recruitment, training, coaching and supervision of staff and volunteers and other tasks as assigned.
- Coordinate the operations of all programs and services for members at the quality and service levels outlined.
- Create, monitor, schedule and implement aquatic programming for members, manage pool programming space, assign instructors to their designated areas, and ensure proper spacing of programming within pool area and maintain proper ratios.
- Facilitation of Aquatics programs and services. Instruct aquatic programming and perform lifeguard duties, cover absences and fill in when classes are overbooked or need support.
- Enforce that the Aquatics centre follows procedures to ensure Provincial and Local Public Health Regulations.
- Role model recruitment and retention of volunteers and members.
- Demonstrate and promote a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, and values and the YMCA programs and services and role model a personal commitment to a healthy lifestyle.
- Minimum age of 18
- University Degree in Recreation, Child Studies, Physical Education or Education, or related experience
- Standard First Aid, CPR-Level C, and WHMIS Certification
- Successful candidates will be required to provide a current and satisfactory Police Information Check including a Vulnerable Sector Search.
- National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) an asset.
- Aquatics Certifications required: National Lifeguard Service (NLS), Oxygen Administration, YMCA Swim Instructor and/or Water Safety Instructor (WSI), Aquatic Emergency Care (AEC).
- Advanced swimming instruction preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in aquatics in an instructing and/or guarding capacity.
- Leadership experience an asset.
- Able to deal with difficult situations and customer complaints with confidence.
- Demonstrated leadership and lesson planning skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Pool Standards and regulations for running and operating an aquatic facility (Alberta Health Services Standards and Lifesaving Society Alberta Standards an asset).
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office, Windows, CLASS).
Applications will remain open until suitable candidate is found.
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The YMCA of Northern Alberta is an inclusive, charitable organization that values diversity.