Castle Downs YMCA
Has the following part-time position working days, evenings, and weekends available:
Preschool Instructor Ref# CD_PI
The YMCA is a charitable, mission based organization dedicated to the development of thousands of people in spirit, mind and body. The YMCA of Northern Alberta is seeking enthusiastic individuals that will provide quality instruction of all preschool programs to participants (6 weeks – 6 years).
Wage: Starting at $13.15/hour
- Facilitate high-quality age appropriate programs and activities for members.
- Integrate international development education in all program areas.
- Active supervision of members and volunteers during programming.
- Ensure a safe environment for all members, parents, volunteers and staff. Complete necessary safety documents, enforce proper sign-in and sign-out procedures for parents, and follow head counts and maintain ratios.
- Contribute as a member of the staff team in the operation of the centre, and complete other duties as assigned.
- Role model recruitment and retention of volunteers and members.
- Demonstrate and promote a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, and values and the YMCA programs and services and role model a personal commitment to a healthy lifestyle.
- Minimum age of 18
- High School Diploma an asset
- NCCP FMS(Fundamental Movement Skills) certification (within 3 months of hire)
- YMCA Healthy Child Development(HCD)training (within 3 months of hire)
- NCCP Level 1 or Level 2 an asset
- Standard First Aid, CPR-Level C, and WHMIS Certification
- Successful candidates will be required to provide a current and satisfactory Police Information Check including a Vulnerable Sector Search.
- Previous experience working with children an asset.
- Well developed interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Applications will remain open until August 22, 2014
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
The YMCA of Northern Alberta is an inclusive, charitable organization that values diversity.