William Lutsky YMCA
Has the following full-time position available
Membership Sales and Services Representative Ref# WL_MSFT
The YMCA is a charitable, mission based organization dedicated to the development of thousands of people in spirit, mind and body. The YMCA of Northern Alberta is seeking an enthusiastic individual that will provide front-line service and support to all YMCA members and participants. The Representative will facilitative membership retention, recruitment and re-connection strategies and performs other duties as assigned by the Membership Sales and Services Supervisor.
Salary: Starting at $26,650 with benefits
- Ongoing relationship development with members: welcome and greet members to the Centre, provide information on programs and services, and provide centre tours to new members.
- Solicit feedback from members and the public through focus group meetings, comment cards, surveys, web use and personal contacts.Conduct a regular walk-through of locker rooms to report member feedback to cleaning staff and manager on duty.
- Register members into CLASS database for memberships, programs, bookings etc and ensure registration and waitlists are monitored and managed accordingly.
- Accurate cash handling of registration payments, NSF payments, point of sale purchases, rentals, Strong Kids donations etc.
- Ensure all additional administrative duties are accurately and effectively completed as assigned by Supervisor.
- At all times role model best practices and exhibit the highest level of service delivery in product area(s) consistent with S.A.M. standards and best practices.
- Role model a personal commitment to a healthy lifestyle.
- Demonstrate and promote a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, and values and the YMCA programs and services.
- High School Diploma
- Standard First Aid, CPR-Level C, and WHMIS Certification
- Successful candidates will be required to provide a current and satisfactory Police Information Check including a Vulnerable Sector Search.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in the YMCA organization and/or a minimum of 1 year customer service, retail or marketing experience.
- Experience working with volunteers or in a non-profit environment will be considered an asset.
- Excellent problem solving, multitasking, and time management skills
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to deal with difficult situations and customer complaints with confidence.
- Strong computer skills: working knowledge of Microsoft Office and beginner knowledge of CLASS.
- Friendly, outgoing, and welcoming personality.
Applications will remain open until March 16,2015
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
The YMCA of Northern Alberta is an inclusive, charitable organization that values diversity.