William Lutsky YMCA
Has the following full-time position working Tuesdays to Saturdays with some evenings.
Preschool, Child, and Youth Supervisor Ref# WL_PCYS
The YMCA is a charitable, mission based organization dedicated to the development of thousands of people in spirit, mind and body. The YMCA of Northern Alberta is seeking a dynamic individual that will provide effective leadership in directing the overall delivery of all non-aquatic and child and youth programs and services. This individual must be passionate about the development, support and leadership of others.
Salary: Starting at $38,028 annually with benefits
- Recruit, hire, train, coach, supervise and manage all full-time and part-time staff and volunteers within program areas. Handle all payroll duties; ensuring staff and volunteers’ record time in the electronic database.
- Coordinate and supervise the operations of all programs and services for participants at the quality and service levels outlined. Manage and report program statistics, maximize program registration to ensure program targets are reached and track minimum attendance rates.
- Assume complete responsibility for the entire facility operation while on assigned Manager on Duty shifts (includes emergencies, evictions, programming concerns, staff relations, etc.).
- Manage within the approved program budget. Prepare and evaluate the program budgets for yearly approval.
- Integrate international development education in all program areas.
- Role model recruitment and retention of volunteers and members.
- Demonstrate and promote a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, and values and the YMCA programs and services and role model a personal commitment to a healthy lifestyle.
- University Degree in Recreation, Child Studies, Physical Education or Education, or related experience
- Standard First Aid, CPR-C, and WHMIS Certification
- Successful candidates will be required to provide a current and satisfactory Police Information Check including a Vulnerable Sector Search.
- National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) an asset
- NCCP FMS required (we can provide training)
- Minimum of 2 years supervisory experience and/or staff/volunteer leadership experience.
- 3 or more years experience leading children’s programming in a recreational, sport or camp setting.
- Able to deal with difficult situations and customer complaints with confidence.
- Demonstrated leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge of Alberta Camping Association Standards an asset.
- Proficient in lesson planning.
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office, Windows, CLASS).
Applications will remain open until October 24, 2014
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The YMCA of Northern Alberta is an inclusive, charitable organization that values diversity.