Has the following casual position from April 27 - May 11 and full-time summer position from May 12 – September 4, 2015 available. 5 Positions available for all Edmonton Locations (1 position per centre: Castle Downs Family YMCA, Don Wheaton Family YMCA, Jamie Platz Family YMCA, William Lustky Family YMCA, and the YMCA Welcome Village).
Day Camp Lead Coordinator
The YMCA is a charitable, mission based organization dedicated to the development of thousands of people in spirit, mind and body. The YMCA of Northern Alberta is seeking an enthusiastic individual that will provide effective supervision and coordination of all day camp programming to its members (3 - 17 years).
· Assist in the recruitment, training, coaching and supervision of day camp staff and volunteers. Prepare evaluations of staff performance and recommend re-hires with support from the Assistant Coordinator.
· Coordinate, implement, instruct and evaluate Counsellor in Training (CIT) training sessions with the Assistant Coordinator in the framework provided by the Preschool, Child and Youth task group.
· Lead program planning sessions by providing program structure, curriculum and resources and tools to day camp staff, and review and evaluate staff program plans.
· Integrate international development education in all program areas.
· Manage and operate within the approved camp budget.
· Monitor and evaluate day camp programming: maximize program registration, manage and report program statistics, and follow the audit process for program quality assurance.
· Role model recruitment and retention of volunteers and members.
· Demonstrate and promote a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, and values and the YMCA programs and services.
· Education/Certifications/Credentials/Professional Registration
- Currently a post-secondary student in Education, Physical Education or related field.
- Standard First Aid and CPR-C, Child Welfare & Police Security Clearance
- WHMIS Certification
- *NCCP FMS Training required (we will provide this training before summer camp starts)
- Minimum 3 years experience working in Camp or with Youth.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Well developed interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Applications will remain open until March 22, 2015
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and include which location you prefer
The YMCA of Northern Alberta is an inclusive, charitable organization that values diversity.