YMCA of Northern Alberta
Has the following summer position(s) available from approximately June 18 - August 29, 2014 for all Edmonton Locations (Castle Downs Family YMCA, Don Wheaton Family YMCA, Jamie Platz Family YMCA, and William Lustky Family YMCA, and the YMCA Welcome Village).
Day Camp Counsellor DC_C
Do you enjoy mentoring and engaging with children and youth? The YMCA of Northern Alberta is seeking enthusiastic individuals to provide leadership and supervision in a variety of day camps for all ages (3-16 years). Some of the available camps for this position include: Preschool Camps (3-6 yrs), Child Camps (6-12 yrs) and Youth Camps (12-16 yrs).
- Attend all Day Camp training and other YMCA training sessions as required.
- Lead day camp programming: maintain attendance and program records, plan and direct lesson plans and program activities, and prepare and distribute evaluations of programs.
- Active supervision of campers and volunteers during programming; manage camper behavior in accordance with the Day Camp Behavior Management Policies and Procedures.
- Ensure all necessary safety documents are accurately and effectively completed. Take necessary action to ensure a safe environment for all campers, volunteers and staff.
- Ensure each camper receives a YMCA positive progress report.
- Provide opportunities for campers to learn and develop in spirit, mind and body.
- Deliver high quality services through excellent relationships with campers, parents and YMCA staff.
- Demonstrate and promote a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, and values and the YMCA programs and services and role model a personal commitment to a healthy lifestyle.
- Lead campers in daily physical activity and physical literacy skill development.
- Education/Certifications/Credentials/Professional Registration
- Currently a post secondary student in Education, Physical Education or related field
- Standard First Aid, CPR-Level C, and WHMIS Certification
- Successful candidates will be required to provide a current and satisfactory Police Information Check including a Vulnerable Sector Search.
- Previous camp counselor experience an asset.
- Ability to develop and facilitate lesson plans an asset.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Developed coaching and team building skills.
Applications will remain open until June 6, 2014
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and include which location you prefer.
The YMCA of Northern Alberta is an inclusive, charitable organization that values diversity.