Has the following casual position from April 23 - May 11 and full-time summer position from May 12 – September 4, 2015 available. 4 Positions available at our Edmonton Locations (1 position per centre: Castle Downs Family YMCA, Don Wheaton Family YMCA, Jamie Platz Family YMCA, William Lustky Family YMCA).
Day Camp Assistant Coordinator
The YMCA is a charitable, mission based organization dedicated to the development of thousands of people in spirit, mind and body. The YMCA of Northern Alberta is seeking an enthusiastic individual that will support the Day Camp Lead Coordinator in providing effective supervision and coordination of all day camp programming to its members (3 - 17 years).
· Assist the Lead Coordinator in the recruitment, training, coaching and supervision of day camp staff and volunteers.
· Prepare day camp rosters and assist with delivery of day camp brochures.
· Schedule and book busses to and from program sites, and booking of guests and field trips.
· Coordinate, implement, instruct and evaluate Counsellor in Training (CIT) training sessions with the Lead Coordinator in the framework provided by the Preschool, Child and Youth task group.
· Assist the Lead Coordinator in leading program planning sessions and evaluating day camp programming.
· Integrate international development education in all preschool program areas.
· Role model recruitment and retention of volunteers and members.
· Demonstrate and promote a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, and values and the YMCA programs and services.
· Education/Certifications/Credentials/Professional Registration
- Post Secondary Education in related field an asset.
- Standard First Aid and CPR-C, Child Welfare & Police Security Clearance
- WHMIS Certification
- *NCCP FMS Training required (we will provide this training before summer camp starts)
- Minimum 2 years experience working in Camp or with Youth.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Well developed interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Applications will remain open until April 3, 2015
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and include which location you prefer.
The YMCA of Northern Alberta is an inclusive, charitable organization that values diversity.