YMCA of Northern Alberta (1 position)
Has the following part time position from March 19 - May 13 and the full-time summer position from May 14 - August 29, 2014 available:
Special Events Coordinator (Association Wide) DC_SEC
The YMCA is a charitable, mission based organization dedicated to the development of thousands of people in spirit, mind and body. The YMCA of Northern Alberta is seeking an enthusiastic individual that will provide effective supervision and coordination of all day camp programming to its members (3 - 17 years).
- Assist in the recruitment and development of Community Partnerships for the YMCA of Edmonton Day Camps.
- Observe, evaluate, and report on special event audits in the framework provided by the Preschool, Child and Youth task group.
- Book, organize, and lead Inter-Branch Association Camp Special Events; Swim Meets, Sports Tournaments, Out-Trips, Partnerships, and Guest Speakers.
- Monitor and evaluate day camp special events: follow the audit process for program quality assurance. Assist with Day Camp administration tasks as assigned.
- Implement direct camper leadership in ratio when required (minimal).
- Manage and operate within the approved camp budget.
- Ensure Alberta Camping Association (ACA) standards are upheld in all HFR Centres.
- Role model recruitment and retention of volunteers and members.
- Demonstrate and promote a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, and values and the YMCA programs and services.
- Education/Certifications/Credentials/Professional Registration
- Currently a post secondary student in Education or related field.
- Standard First Aid and CPR-C , Child Welfare & Police Security Clearance (provided upon hire),WHMIS Certification (provided upon hire)
- Minimum 3 years experience working in Day Camp; past Camp Coordinator or Camp Director experience is an asset
- Knowledge in Alberta Camping Association (ACA) Standards.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and well developed interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with experience in negotiations and partnership building.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including excel.
Applications will remain open until March 8, 2014
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org a
The YMCA of Northern Alberta is an inclusive, charitable organization that values diversity.