YMCA Child Care Services
Has the following part time hourly position available for 2015-2016 school year:
Child Care Educator - School Aged Care (up to 40 positions) Ref# CC_SAC
The YMCA of Northern Alberta is a mission based charity dedicated to the development of thousands of people in spirit, mind and body. The Child Development Educator provides excellent service, quality programming and care to participants and families of Child Care Centres.
- Prepare and follow through with planned activities for the children.
- Guide and redirect children in situations when conflicts arise.
- Ensure a safe and clean environment that is in good repair following cleaning schedule.
- Communicate with parents, both verbally and in writing, on a regular basis.
- Communicate respectfully with staff throughout the day.
- Ensure confidentiality of parents, children and fellow staff.
- Educators will use scheduled planning time to plan activities according to the children’s interests.
- Set goals for professional development within one month of employment and annually thereafter.
- Offer excellent customer service to participants, YMCA staff and volunteers.
- Child Care Certification
- Current Standard First Aid CPR Level-C or Child Care First Aid
- Successful candidates will be required to provide a current and satisfactory Police Information Check including a Vulnerable Sector Search.
- Previous experience working with children.
- Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal and team skills.
- Openness to trying new instruction methods and techniques
- Ability to remain calm in a challenging environment
- Willing to participate in professional development opportunities
Send your resume and cover letter to Candace Stecyk email@example.com
The YMCA of Northern Alberta is an inclusive charity that values diversity.