YMCA Child Care Centres
Has the following full-time salaried position(s) available:
Child Care Educator (Early Years) Ref# CC_CCE
The YMCA of Northern Alberta is a charitable, mission based organization dedicated to the development of thousands of people in spirit, mind and body. The Child Development Educator provides excellent service, quality programming and care to participants and families of accredited Child Care Centres.Assist the Program Director to train, coach, supervise and manage all full-time and part-time staff and volunteers within service areas.
- Prepare and follow through with planned activities for the children.
- Guide and redirect children in situations when conflicts arise.
- Ensure a safe and clean environment that is in good repair following cleaning schedule.
- Communicate with parents, both verbally and in writing, on a regular basis.
- Communicate respectfully with staff throughout the day.
- Ensure confidentiality of parents, children and fellow staff.
- Educators will use scheduled planning time to plan activities according to the children’s interests.
- Set goals for professional development within one month of employment and annually thereafter.
- Offer excellent customer service to participants, YMCA staff and volunteers.
- Child Care Certification
- Current CPR Level-C and First AID, Child Care First Aid preferred
- Child Welfare & Police Security Clearance
- Previous experience working with children.
- Well developed interpersonal skills: ability to work effectively as a team to achieve optimal results.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to deal with difficult situations and complaints with confidence.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
Applications will remain open until the position(s) are filled.
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The YMCA of Northern Alberta is an inclusive, charitable organization that values diversity.