Bill Rees YMCA
Has the following casual position starting September 13, 2014 available:
Part-Time Program Instructor (Project L.E.A.P)
The YMCA is a charitable, mission based organization dedicated to the development of thousands of people in spirit, mind and body. The YMCA of Northern Alberta is seeking an enthusiastic individual that will provide quality instruction of literacy programs to school-aged children.
Hours and Location: Every Saturday from 8:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. at the Castle Downs YMCA
· Plan, implement and deliver literacy programs to children through reading and creative learning activities.
· Maintain and role model respect amongst the program participants and volunteers.
· Program administration duties and other duties as assigned.
· Ensure a safe environment for all participants, volunteers and staff.
· Active supervision and support of program participants and volunteers during programming.
· Contribute as a member of the staff team in the operation of the centre, and complete other duties as assigned.
· Demonstrate and promote a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, and values and the YMCA programs and services and role model a personal commitment to a healthy lifestyle.
· Education/Certifications/Credentials/Professional Registration
- University Degree or Diploma in a related field
- Standard First Aid, CPR-Level C, and WHMIS Certification
- Successful candidates will be required to provide a current and satisfactory Police Information Check including a Vulnerable Sector Search, and a current and satisfactory Child Welfare Intervention Record Check.'
- Previous experience working with children required.
- Well developed interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Applications will remain open until suitable candidate is found.
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The YMCA of Northern Alberta is an inclusive, charitable organization that values diversity.