Castle Downs YMCA
Has the following part-time position working days, evenings, and weekends starting September 2014
Preschool, Child & Youth Coordinator CD_CYC
The YMCA is a charitable, mission based organization dedicated to the development of thousands of people in spirit, mind and body. The YMCA of Northern Alberta is seeking an enthusiastic individual that will provide effective supervision and coordination of all child and youth programs to members (6 weeks – 17 years).
Wage: Starting at $13.95/hour
- Coordinate and facilitate the operations of all programs and services for members at the quality and service levels outlined. Manage and report program statistics, maximize program registration to ensure program targets are reached, and track minimum attendance rates for class cancellations.
- Active program supervision of members and instructors during programming.
- Assist the supervisor in recruitment, training (including staff in-services), coaching, recognition and supervision of staff and volunteers and complete other tasks as assigned. Provide direction and support for the Leaders in Training program.
- Integrate international development education in all program areas.
- Support registered and drop-in Pre-school and Child and youth programs.
- Assume complete responsibility for the entire facility operation while on assigned Manager on Duty shifts (includes emergencies, evictions, programming concerns, staff relations etc)
- Contribute as a member of our staff team in the operation of the branch and complete all additional duties assigned by the Preschool, Child and Youth supervisor that are appropriate for the position.
- Role model recruitment and retention of volunteers and members.
- Demonstrate and promote a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, and values and the YMCA programs and services and role model a personal commitment to a healthy lifestyle.
- Minimum age of 18
- High School Diploma an asset
- NCCP FMS(Fundamental Movement Skills) certification (within 3 months of hire)
- YMCA Healthy Child Development(HCD)training (within 3 months of hire)
- NCCP Level 1 or Level 2 an asset
- Valid driver’s license, clear driver’s abstract, and access to a vehicle.
- Standard First Aid, CPR-Level C, and WHMIS Certification
- Successful candidates will be required to provide a current and satisfactory Police Information Check including a Vulnerable Sector Search.
- Early childhood development or coaching experience is an asset.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office, Windows, CLASS
Applications will remain open until August 15, 2014
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
The YMCA Northern Alberta is an inclusive, charitable organization that values diversity.