Castle Downs YMCA
Has the following part-time flexible position working 8-20 hours a week
Membership Sales and Services Representative Ref# CD_MS
The YMCA is a charitable, mission based organization dedicated to the development of thousands of people in spirit, mind and body. The YMCA of Northern Alberta is seeking an enthusiastic individual that will provide front-line service and support to all YMCA members and participants. The Representative will facilitative membership retention, recruitment and reconnection strategies and performs other duties as assigned by the Membership Sales and Services Supervisor.
Wage: Starting at $11.25/hourly
- Ongoing relationship development with members: welcome and greet members to the Centre, provide information on programs and services, and provide centre tours to new members.
- Solicit feedback from members and the public through focus group meetings, comment cards, surveys, web use and personal contacts.Conduct a regular walk-through of locker rooms to report member feedback to cleaning staff and manager on duty.
- Register members into CLASS database for memberships, programs, bookings etc and ensure registration and waitlists are monitored and managed accordingly.
- Accurate cash handling of registration payments, NSF payments, point of sale purchases, rentals, Strong Kids donations etc.
- Ensure all additional administrative duties are accurately and effectively completed as assigned by Supervisor.
- At all times role model best practices and exhibit the highest level of service delivery in product area(s) consistent with S.A.M. standards and best practices.
- Role model a personal commitment to a healthy lifestyle.
- Demonstrate and promote a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, and values and the YMCA programs and services.
- High School Diploma
- Standard First Aid, CPR-Level C, and WHMIS Certification
- Successful candidates will be required to provide a current and satisfactory Police Information Check including a Vulnerable Sector Search.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in the YMCA organization and/or a minimum of 1 year customer service, retail or marketing experience.
- Experience working with volunteers or in a non-profit environment will be considered an asset.
- Excellent problem solving, multitasking, and time management skills
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to deal with difficult situations and customer complaints with confidence.
- Strong computer skills: working knowledge of Microsoft Office and beginner knowledge of CLASS.
- Friendly, outgoing, and welcoming personality.
Applications will remain open until July 9, 2014
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The YMCA of Northern Alberta is an inclusive, charitable organization that values diversity.