Bill Rees YMCA
Has the following full-time contract position until July 2015 available:
Employment Program Facilitator BR_EPF
The YMCA of Northern Alberta is seeking a motivated individual that will provide direct service delivery to the participants of the Bridging the Gap for Youth pre-employment program. The Program Facilitator is responsible for the effective planning, development and implementation of employment workshops and programs. At all times this individual will demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills with vulnerable populations who face employment insecurity and related challenges.
Salary: Pro-rated based on a salary of $33,723/annually
- Plan, implement and facilitate programs and employment workshops within YMCA guidelines and adhere to the contracted performance outcomes.
- Assist the Employment Counselor in employment placements.
- Develop and maintain appropriate service administration systems: participant and service records, monthly activity reports, and maintain statistical information regarding participants and the program.
- Establish effective community relations relevant to the program, and market and promote the program to achieve service and financial targets.
- Support and supervise volunteers and placement students in accordance with systems and guidelines established by the YMCA.
- Demonstrate and promote a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, and values and the YMCA programs and services.
- Education/Certifications/Credentials/Professional Registration
- University Degree in Psychology, Human Services, Education or equivalent
- Level B Assessor for Employment and Career Assessment Tools (preferred)
- Standard First Aid, CPR-Level C, and WHMIS Certification
- Successful candidates will be required to provide a current and satisfactory Police Information Check including a Vulnerable Sector Search, and a current and satisfactory Child Welfare Intervention Record Check.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention and Suicide Intervention Certification (not required for hire)
- Working directly with youth placed at risk.
- Facilitating career development and youth employment.
- Working with cultural groups, high needs and marginalized populations.
- Organizational and time management skills, excellent written and oral communication, and team work skills.
- Working knowledge of group facilitation, individual assessment, program planning and promotion, outcome evaluation, marketing and public relations.
- Knowledge of related community, education, youth and human services resources.
- Sensitive to and demonstrated knowledge of dealing with the needs of participants from different cultural and racial backgrounds.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Windows.
Applications will remain open until suitable candidate is found.
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
The YMCA of Northern Alberta is an inclusive, charitable organization that values diversity.