Bill Rees YMCA
Has the following contract position working full-time until fall 2017 available for an August 4, 2015 start:
Program Facilitator - Bridging the Gap BR_PF
The YMCA is a charitable, mission-based organization dedicated to the development of thousands of people in spirit, mind and body. The YMCA of Northern Alberta is seeking a motivated individual that will provide direct service delivery to the participants of the Bridging the Gap for Youth pre-employment program. The Program Facilitator is responsible for the effective development and delivery of employment readiness workshops and caseload management of program participants. At all times, the Facilitator will demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills with vulnerable populations who face employment insecurity and related challenges.
Salary: Starting at $33,723.00/annually plus benefits
· Develop lesson plans, prepare materials and facilitate employment readiness workshops for young adults (ages 15-30).
· Utilize classroom management techniques to ensure a respectful, trusting and supportive learning environment.
· Assess participants’ interests, skills, abilities and readiness as they relate to obtaining and retaining employment and identify barriers to employment.
· Provide one-to-one support and skill development in areas related to life skills, job search strategies, resume writing and interview skills.
· Provide participants with information on employment opportunities that are compatible with their interests, skills and abilities by analyzing available jobs.
· Organize volunteer opportunities for young adults to gain work related experience.
· Liaise with community service providers and employers in order to promote the program.
· Follow up with employers and participants to ensure the work experience placement is a success.
· Maintain appropriate program administration systems in accordance with the YMCA and funder standards. Maintain current statistical, outcome and anecdotal information regarding participants and the program. Collect statistical information and outcome data and participate in annual program and service delivery reviews.
· Demonstrate and promote a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, and values and the YMCA programs and services.
- University Degree in Social Sciences, Human Services, Career and Work Counselling or equivalent
- Level B Assessor for Employment and Career Assessment Tools (preferred)
- Standard First Aid and CPR-C and WHIMIS Certification
- Successful candidates will be required to provide a current and satisfactory Police Information Check including a Vulnerable Sector Search, and a current and satisfactory Child Welfare Intervention Record Check.
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention and Suicide Intervention Certification preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
- Two years of experience working directly with individuals facing multiple barriers to employment.
- Facilitating career development and youth employment.
- Working with cultural groups, high needs and marginalized populations.
- Experience working in a team environment.
- Organizational and time management skills, excellent written and oral communication, and team work skills.
- Working knowledge of group facilitation, individual assessment, program planning and promotion, outcome evaluation, marketing and public relations.
- Beginner knowledge in supportive counselling skills.
- Knowledge of related community, education, youth and human services resources.
- Sensitive to and demonstrated knowledge of dealing with the needs of participants from different cultural and racial backgrounds.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Windows.
Applications will remain open until suitable candidate is found.
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
The YMCA of Northern Alberta is an inclusive, charitable organization that values diversity.