Jamie Platz YMCA
Has the following full-time salaried position available:
Cleaning Supervisor JP_CDS
The YMCA is a charitable, mission based organization dedicated to the development of thousands of people in spirit, mind and body. The YMCA of Edmonton is seeking an enthusiastic individual that will provide effective leadership in directing the Facility Attendant team in the delivery of safe cleaning practices within the assigned YMCA Centre.
Salary: Starting at $30,700 annually
- Recruit, hire, train, coach, supervise and manage all full-time and part-time direct reports and volunteers within service areas.
- Coordinate the operations of all cleaning services at the quality and service levels outlined to ensure a safe, friendly, welcoming and cleaning facility.
- Comply with standards and practices to meet all local and provincial codes as well as YMCA established practices (WHMIS, Public Health) and follow the audit process for service quality assurance.
- Maintain cleanliness and maintenance of the facility and locker rooms and ensure all areas are well maintained and comply with YMCA S.A.M. Standards.
- Manage within the approved cleaning budget, prepare and evaluate cleaning budgets for yearly approval and purchase and replace cleaning equipment and products as required.
- Offer excellent customer service to members, and YMCA staff and volunteers.
- Demonstrate and promote a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, and values and the YMCA programs and services.
- Education/Certifications/Credentials/Professional Registration
- Minimum high school or equivalent.
- WHMIS Certification
- Standard First Aid and CPR-C, Child Welfare & Police Security Clearance
- 1-3 years supervisory experience.
- Previous cleaning and/or janitorial experience required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to deal with difficult situations and customer complaints with confidence.
- Problem solving skills and multitasking.
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office, Windows, CLASS an asset)
- Literacy level adequate to read and follow written cleaning and safety standards and ability to complete the assigned duties to the quality level established.
Applications will remain open until September 28, 2012
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
The YMCA of Edmonton is an inclusive, charitable organization that values diversity.