The YMCA is a charitable, mission based organization dedicated to the development of thousands of people in spirit, mind and body.
Castle Downs Family YMCA has the following full-time position available.
Program Director Ref#CD-PD-FT Internal applicants only
The YMCA of Edmonton is seeking a dynamic Program Director that will provide oversight of the fitness workout centre, ensuring integration of association and centre strategic planning into the centre’s program plan, and monitor member, participant, and community feedback to ensure these interests are addressed in the program delivery. Working directly with direct reports to ensure centre program targets, program service standards, and fitness goals of members are met by championing connectivity programs with the highest safety standards and quality service. The successful candidate will demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills and champion the mission and values of the YMCA of Edmonton.
A willingness to work a flexible schedule is required as shifts may vary and will include evenings and weekends. This role is classified as a permanent full-time position, and the incumbent will be eligible for an attractive benefits package.
Salary: Starting at $46,600 annually
- Recruit, hire, train, supervise and manage senior staff team and volunteers.
- Lead and supervise senior staff team in the operation of the Centre in Aquatics, Preschool, Child and Youth, Healthy Living Coach and Adult Fitness and Lifestyle areas. Deliver coaching, development planning and feedback sessions with direct reports, ensuring support and direction for leadership in their roles.
- Conduct regular team meetings, supervision meetings and provide consultation as required.
- Coaching and development of product area supervisors to ensure successful achievement of their goals.
- Ensure highest level of service delivery in product area(s) consistent with SAM best practices and standards.
- Implement Centre and Association service strategies in program areas.
- Monitor and respond to program quality, participants experience (Program Audits, competitors analysis, feedback, comment cards, statistics, conversation) ensuring the highest level of service delivery in all program areas.
- Role model recruitment and retention of volunteers and members, and develop, plan and implement action plans in conjunction with the Management Team to support membership retention, acquisition and reconnection strategies for all Departments and the Centre.
- Active development of relationships with members, participants and community partners for the purpose of funds development, volunteer recruitment and Centre interests.
- Assist in the preparation, management and evaluation of the approved Centre budget.
- Assume complete responsibility for the entire facility operation while on assigned Manager on Duty shifts.
- An active member of the Association task groups inclusive of the YMCA Leadership Circle: attend meetings, play a representative role on behalf of the Centre, plan and lead in-services, communicate with other association members, and share the workload of association wide programming.
- Demonstrate and promote a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, and values and the YMCA programs and services.
- Education/Certifications/Credentials/Professional Registration
- Postsecondary education in Recreation, Physical Education or related area.
- Standard First Aid and CPR-C
- Child Welfare & Police Security Clearance
- WHMIS Certification
- NCCP, AFLCA and Aquatic Certifications an asset.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in the YMCA in a supervisory capacity.
- Experience in more than one product area in the YMCA.
- Minimum 3 years of YMCA experience or 5 years or more of program delivery experience
- Excellent organizational, time management, problem solving, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to deal with difficult situations and customer complaints with confidence.
- Program planning and management skills.
- Knowledge in demonstrating, training and role modeling YMCA S.A.M. Standards.
- Demonstrated skills and knowledge in budgeting, financial management, and in program development, planning, outcome evaluation, promotion, marketing and public relations.
- Alberta Camping Association Standards and Day Care Licensing Standards.
- Knowledge of all YMCA Policies, Procedures and Standards.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and CLASS database.
Applications will remain open until November 20, 2015
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the reference number in your application.
The YMCA of Edmonton is an inclusive, charitable organization that values diversity.