FitLinxx Powered Workouts
Power your workout with FitLinxx, an online exercise tracking system exclusive to the YMCA. In addition to receiving a personalized exercise program from a YMCA Fitness and Lifestyle Coach, you can sign up for FitLinxx. The program automatically records a history of the exercises you do and an electronic training partner provides immediate feedback on strength exercises.
FitLinxx also helps you stay motivated when you can't get to the gym - access your account online through our website. This is also a free benefit for YMCA members.
Ask your fitness coach about FitLinxx during your appointment and they will help you get started!
What is FitLinxx?
FitLinxx is a computerized system that attaches directly to existing fitness equipment, adding an extraordinary “intelligent” dimension to the workout experience for the first time.
FitLinxx “learns” users' programs, “coaches” them individually through their workout for better form, safety and confidence during every exercise, and “tracks” their progress over time. On strength equipment, FitLinxx appears as an easy-to-read touch-screen display that's attached to the machine.
For cardiovascular equipment, each machine's existing console is simply networked to FitLinxx. Users simply tap in their PIN to display their targets. FitLinxx then coaches them on speed, form, heart rate, etc., and tracks the workout session – every rep, set and step.
Behind the scenes, all the exercise machines are networked into a central database, providing exercisers and staff access to a wealth of information on individual progress and a unique set of motivational tools. The system can be accessed on workout-floor kiosks, at the staff computer station, or anytime/anywhere on the web.
By adding this unique mental edge to physical training, FitLinxx provides better results for exercisers.
In our facility, Fitlinxx gives you:
- Personalized support from your fitness instructor to help you achieve and exceed your goals.
- A customized exercise program geared to your goals, needs and time constraints.
- An automatic recording of each strength and cardiovascular exercise you do – creating a workout history of all the weight you’ve lifted and calories you’ve burned.
- Immediate feedback on each strength exercise you do, so you can be sure you’re doing it correctly.
Plus, you can enhance your healthy lifestyle 24 hours a day at www.fitlinxx.com, where you get:
- The ability to log your home workouts, review your workout history and compare your results to others worldwide.
- Articles on health, fitness, wellness and nutrition.
- Members' inspirational success stories and community forums.
At present, Fitlinxx is available at:
- Don Wheaton Family YMCA (Central)
- William Lutsky Family YMCA (South)